Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Mark Twain's Version of Star Wars Would Have Been Awesome.

Welcome to Day Three of the Bad Shakespeare Anniversaganza!

    Back when I started these posts, I had intended to simply chronicle my adventures as I study to be a teacher, or possibly Spider-man. Hundreds of radioactive spider-bites later, I’ve decided on the latter.

    Your little behind the scenes fact is that when I started writing Bad Shakespeare, I wasn’t sure where I wanted to go with it. Yes, I wanted to somewhat cover my journey. It’s a pretty well done journey, and despite setbacks, it’s a standard journey. I’m taking the same classes as everyone else, etc.  But studying to be a teacher isn’t easy. You have to relearn a lot, and then you have to learn even more about why you’re relearning everything. Remember every time you asked, “When am I going to use this?” Well, if you’re going to be a teacher, that’s when you have to learn this.
   
    Or a time traveler who’s job it is to place these important lessons of literature into the minds of the people who are supposed to write them. That’s a very important job. If you get that job, see if you can fit at least one Star Wars reference into something written by Mark Twain. I bet if he had lived, he would have loved Star Wars. But those two jobs, that’s when you’ll have to use what you’ve learned in High School.

    But what I’m learning (other than Mark Twain would have written an awesome version of Star Wars) is that this journey is unique to me. I don’t know that I could have really appreciated this if I hadn’t been writing it down, and hadn’t been taking this journey with all of you, my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment