Friday, May 3, 2013

Summer Movie Season Begins Mini-Post! (Because I Was Wrong. Horribly Horribly Wrong.)

In honor of the start of Summer Movie Season, I was going to post my grand unified theory of exactly who Benedict Cumberbatch is going to be in the new Star Trek movie. I had research. I had taken a look at back episodes and back interviews. I scoured different stories on the internet and I was prepared to post my big theory:

Benedict Cumberbatch was playing Captain Robert April, the first Captain of the USS Enterprise. Captain April was responsible for de-aging the crew an episode, he has a grudge against the crew, he was voiced by James "Scotty" Doohan... (that had nothing to do with anything, I was just bragging about my research skills.)

Once again coming up with a victory dance before the actual victory has come back to haunt me.

Then in doing my research I actually found out who he's playing, and I was wrong. I won't spoil it here but...

grumble, grumble, grumble.

So, I guess I won't be posting my theory because I was wrong. The movie looks interesting.

But enough depressing! It's the start of Summer Movie Season! It kicks off with Iron Man 3, starting today! It's the first of the summer movies to come out, and it promises to so awesome. I'm sure I could do some research on Iron Man and the deep history of rich guys donning costumes and becoming the superhero (Scarlet Pimpernel, Zorro, Hamlet...) or a deep look into the history of theater and what it means but, you know what? It's the Summer Movie Season. I just want to see Robert Downey, Jr as Tony Stark, and a CGI Iron Man fight as many bad guys as he possibly can.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment