Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy National Teacher Day! Now Spit Out That Gum...

           Happy National Teacher Day! Remember, you are where you are right now probably because someone took the time to go ahead and teach you. Take some time out and thank a teacher. 

            Teaching lately has been under attack from people that want to portray teachers as lazy, and which to disrespect them. Today is the day to say "enough" stand up and not only thank a teacher that has meant a lot to you, but remind yourself that teachers work harder than a lot of people wish to admit.

            I know I have plenty of teachers to thank. I know I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for my old Theatre (He'd want me to spell it that way) Teacher, RL Mirabal, who made it a point to not only get me through High School, but I was able to turn to years later to help me through Graduate School as I learn to be a teacher myself. How many people can say that? Not enough.

            So, thank you, all you teachers who had an influence on me. Thank you for working late. thank you for preparing lessons that want me to learn. Thank you, RL for giving me a place to hang out in High School AND for ensuring I could follow my dream. Thank you teachers, for dealing what you have to deal with on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment