Monday, July 15, 2013

Writer's Block...


       Sometimes, it’s extremely easy to write these blog posts. I’ll sit down at the computer and the words flow so easily you’d think I’d know what I was doing. A lot of the time, it’s difficult. I can sit at the blank page, the scariest thing in the world, and nothing comes out. It’s not that I have anything to say, it’s just that I can’t think of anything to say about the myriad of things going on around me.

Writer’s Block is a horrible, horrible thing. It eats at you. The worst part about Writer’s Block is that it’s like quicksand. The more you struggle the more it sucks you it. You try to make that connection, write the cool thing, the more it sucks you in, enveloping you like so many... I don’t know, I have Writer’s Block. 

The absolute worst part about this is the fact that I have Adam Sandler’s smiling face looking at me from a cappier sequel to a crappy movie. And I can’t write one 500 word blog post.

I hate having Writer’s Block. But I also know that fighting it is only going to make it worse. The only thing to do is relax, calm down, and just let the words come back to me on their own.

We’ll be back on Wednesday. Happy National Cow Day, everyone. Go hug cheeseburger.

No comments:

Post a Comment