Sunday, February 24, 2013

Hope Floats... With a Bengal Tiger

We are in the home stretch. Just two more movies to go! We've been through seven in a row! Good morning, everyone.

Life of Pi is about a kid named Pi who survives a shipwreck and finds God with a CGI tiger. Not a bad movie, but does suffer with a lot of unnecessary 3D (it's like the God metaphors are jumping right out at you!).

It's no surprise this was nominated, but falls short of the other nominees so far. It does have a good message about just living your life, faith, and whether bananas float. It's 5 a.m. I don't feel like looking it up.

I'm kind of surprised that Ang Lee did go so heavy on the CGI, because the story could be told a lt simpler, and may have been a bit better for it. But I guess it would have been harder to wrangle a real tiger. I'm not sure I haven't tried it... Yet.

Regardless, I am counting this as Church.

Amen.

Next up: Katniss and Face from the A Team remake dance their troubles away.

1 comment:

  1. Still can't bring myself to see this one. I had to read it for a book club and just couldn't get into the book. I'm sure it's stunning but the book didn't do anything for me so I'm sure the movie would be more of the same.

    Love the posts. I feel like I'm in the theater with you all. Two more to go...

    ReplyDelete